Safeguarding Children at Southfields
COVID-19 Information update
We are currently receiving many updates from local and national sources on the safeguarding of pupils. For the most current information and guidance from the Local Authority please click on the link below.
On the Local Offer website you will find services for the parents of pupils identified as having Special Educational Needs, current safeguarding measures for pupils and advice for who to contact if anyone in your family needs support with their mental health and well-being or bereavement.
Southfields believes that safeguarding our pupils is an essential element to our work everyday. Pupils at our school are lucky to have a Head of Inclusion Miss S Payne who oversees a team which comprises of a Behaviour Lead, Attendance Lead, SEND administrator for Safeguarding, EYFS SEND lead with linked work with the Inclusion team, HUB lead for speech and Language, Speech and Language therapist, Trained external Counsellor, 2 external play therapists and members of the SLT who support safeguarding including the Headteacher.
Designated lead is Miss S Payne and Partner to Lead Mrs L Martin (Headteacher)
The school SPOC (Single point of Contact for Prevent is also Miss S Payne).
- Miss S Payne - Designated Lead and SEND lead and LAC lead
- Mrs L Martin - Partner to Designated Lead and Headteacher
- Mrs H Yeoman - Safeguarding Team, Attendance and Welfare Office
- Mrs H Magee - Safeguarding and vulnerable pupils Team as well as one of the Special Educational Needs and Disability team (SEND)
- Mrs K Burnham - Safeguarding Team, Welfare Officer (Early Help Assessments)