PE and Sports Funding
The government has provided additional funding to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. This funding is provided jointly by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport.
Our school has to spend our additional funding on improving the provision of PE and sport, however we have the freedom to choose how we do this.
Southfields will continue to use this money effectively throughout the school year by:
- Paying for professional development opportunities for teachers in PE and sport
- Run intra and inter school sport competitions, and to increase pupils’ participation in the School Games
- Buy quality assured professional development modules and materials for PE and sport
- Buying and maintaining high quality equipment for use in PE lessons and lunch time activities
- Provide places for pupils on after school sports clubs
- Provide swimming lessons at Stanground Academy for pupils in Year 5 and Year 6. This includes training for our own staff from specialists as well as use of the pool and a fully qualified swimming teacher and life guard.
- Maintain our own school pool to provide swimming lessons on the school site
For further information on our spending and actions in 2021-22 please take time to look at the action plan and funding impact reports which are located at the bottom of the page.