Hub of Expertise in Speech and Language (previously the ERP)
Our Hub Provision:
- is funded by the Local Authority
- is inclusive
- offers places to qualified children from 4-11 years
- offers advice to local schools within Peterborough's Local Authority in how best to support children with C&I (Communication and Interaction) needs - see the section about supporting local schools for more details.
Pupils on the Hub Provision have a variety of C&I needs.
This might include:
- receptive or expressive disorders or delay
- developmental verbal dyspraxia
- delayed or disordered development of a speech sound system
- language delays or disorders
Qualifying pupils must have an EHCP with C&I as the primary need, or be in the planning stages.
What can we provide?
- access to the whole curriculum within a mainstream class
- Speech and Language Therapists
- Speech and Language therapy programme individually assessed and tailored by the speech and language therapists and delivered by qualified teaching assistants daily.
- full time support within the classroom, in small groups and individually, to facilitate access to the curriculum in whatever way that is needed.
- a manager and a team of teaching assistants with experience and expertise in supporting children who have speech and language difficulties
- individual learning programmes
- sensory integration therapy
- access to and support from outside agencies in addition to the Speech and Language Therapist e.g. Occupational Therapists, Educational Psychologists
- a wide range and variety of resources
- teachers who have experience and ongoing training in teaching children with speech and language difficulties
- accredited ELKLAN Communication Friendly environment
Applications are considered by a panel and admission is dependent on:
- number of places available
- fulfilment of admissions criteria (see below)
Parents, teachers, TAs, SENCOs and anyone else with an interest in supporting children with C&I needs are very welcome to visit.
Mrs L Barnard, Hub Manager
Tel: 01733 566710
WEBSITE UPDATED 02.03.22
Please see below for additional information: